[TriLUG] No BTRFS in RHEL8/Centos8?

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jan 21 20:35:40 EST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

>> Jim Salter (speaker Aug 2018) says it eats your data. Maybe other people are
>> unhappy with it.
>>
>      Actually I've never used it. It is just that I thought redhat
> was pushing it and the fact it stopped doing it made me blink.

If you want a vote, as of Jim's talk I use ZFS for my data and a single (ie
unmirrored) ext3 disk for bootup and /usr (ie stuff I can download easily, but
which is also dd backed up).

I'm not terribly dexterours with ZFS yet. If I had to replace a failed disk, it
would be a bit of funbling around, whereas a failed ext3 disk is a piece of
cake.

Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml