[TriLUG] PHPStorm help? ( 18th )

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Mar 18 16:46:24 EDT 2020

Folks,

I have just been given a Mac Laptop for a project, and am trying to work
my way through the "interesting" differences from what I am used to.

Also, it has been a few months since I last did anything significant in
PHPStorm, so my questions may be more to do with that than Mac vs Linux.

I had the Database "window" open, examining the database attached to the
project, and opened the "console" to examine some of the data.

The layout was ( is ): Left column "Project" window, Right column
"Database" window, Center column "Data Table console" window, where I
was looking at the data.

A little "floating" tool bar came along with the console window,
allowing me to choose how the data was presented, how many rows were
displayed, moving up and down through those rows, and a couple of other
things.

All fine and good.

Across the top are the "open file" buttons, including one for the table
that I was examining.  I closed that, and the tool bar Stayed!

I have closed, not minimized, the Database window -- nothing.

I went through the Windows, Tools and View menues, trying to find
something that would allow me to close this floating toolbar.  Nothing
seems to work.

Does anybody have any suggestions for getting rid of this, particularly
on a Mac?

It is covering the top of my editor window for other files, and there
doesn't even seem to be a way to drag it.

Help?

Thanks,
Brian