[TriLUG] Rolling your own distro, building an img file

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Apr 7 15:26:52 EDT 2020

If you're looking for some ideas of where to look for documentation:

The Gentoo handbook might be a good option because the distribution is
very much about choice and hence goes into a lot of details as to
advantages and disadvantages of certain options.

In my personal opinion, the Arch (one of my preferred distributions)
Wiki is pretty good and often times comes up with solid information
when I search for a particular subject.

Of course there is always Linux from Scratch which explains a lot of
low level things in great detail.

Just a few thoughts that popped into my head regarding some of the less
regimented distros...