[TriLUG] recommendations for UPS 12V batteries?

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 23 16:23:57 EDT 2020

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:

> It would be interesting if a difference in float V of 0.1-0.2V/battery was
> making all the difference.

Wes says he has his batteries on a lower float voltage. The extra amount of
charge you get per 0.1V is small once you're above 12.6V for the battery. Sure
if you're counting on getting the last minute of power out of your UPS, then
maybe. But if you're only handing power bumps lasting seconds, like I'm doing*,
then I'd rather have 10 years on a battery, than 2 year. In that case the float
voltage shouldn't be much above 13.2V/battery.

Joe

*I've had a couple of power failures lasting overnight. No UPS is going to save
you there.

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml