[TriLUG] Open source zoom-like thingie

Glenn Starling via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 23 20:39:23 EDT 2020

For the open source equivalent, I would recommend "Big Blue Button."
(Don't open source projects have weird names?)  This was my software of
choice for a literacy council to use during this pandemic when our classes
have to meet remotely.  Unfortunately, the popularity of Zoom, the "doing
what the Community Colleges do" mentality, and having to upgrade our
internet connection and dedicate additional small server hardware forced us
to go with Zoom.  I still think it has some nice features that teachers
like me wish were in Zoom.

-- Glenn Starling