[TriLUG] Zoom - conferencing

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 24 15:40:07 EDT 2020

I don't know Zoom from my hat, but am curious too. My wife is using it
as a Wake Tech instructor but now there's some big noise to move
everyone to Microsoft Teams. As the students can't wait for new training
they're still being handled via Zoom. But I'm paranoid about my wife
using "any old laptop", especially one that can see our house LAN, as
some rumor I picked up suggested that missteps or a security hole or
something could lead to access to files on her laptop. What's the scoop?

-Pete