[TriLUG] Linux home directory management is about to undergo major change

Bill Farrow via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 2 12:21:58 EDT 2020

When it comes to systemd vs init vs upstart, I don't really care. As
long as it works, and works well, most users don't even realize it's
there. As a linux developer I don't really care either way, I just
want things to be implemented in a consistent manor and so that
problems are easy to diagnose and debug.

I am more passionate about open source licensing issues and keeping
our software freedoms, rather than the merits of one solution over
another. While I understood the frustration and angst of the FreeBSD
guys railing at the popularity of Linux, this wasn't due to the
technical superiority of one over the other, it was the fundamental
difference in intellectual property rights.