[TriLUG] RAID notion applied to networking

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat May 23 13:25:02 EDT 2020

Would it be possible (for a moderately capable/experienced person) to
combine two MyFi sources with DSL and create a more reliable, possibly
higher performance link to a single end point such as a
Hangouts/Jitsi/Zoom/MS Teams or something like that? My wife is an
instructor over the Internet and here in the bushes of Wake county
"pitiful" would be a complimentary way of describing our DSL (6M bits
down, .7 up). But I have a cell booster and we can get decent signals in
the house and each phone can create a hotspot. Is there a son of
original DD-WRT or OpenWrt that could arrange for three clients to
appear to a fourth client as if it could treat the three as alternate
routes from some source? What about on the far end? Would that need
something semi-magic? That might be of use to me with clients who might
be in a position to have a magic box on their end that could connect
with the three paths on this one.

Curious.

Pete