[TriLUG] RAID notion applied to networking

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 24 19:28:19 EDT 2020

 > but in bonding, isn't each link Layer 2? those packets won't get past
the other end of your first hop to your ISP?

 > Or are you talking about mptun for the two links?

Ah, you're right... I am confusing my terminology.  Bonding is a way to
tie two very short distance links together for increased bandwidth.
This would be a layer3 link aggregation.  I am not sure what tools you
would use to do this aggregation.

Thanks for keeping me honest while I try to wave my hands to distract
everyone from the details.

The higher-level point is what I was trying to emphasize.  You'll need
some sort of meeting point that will act as your internet-facing IP and
dual-pipe packet mixer.  (waves hands)

Alan