[TriLUG] OT Networking in New House

Tadd Torborg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 1 15:52:11 EDT 2020

100baseT is still better than WiFI for many applications.  Low latency, reliable, fast enough for compressed HD streaming, doesn't have to share a radio channel with anybody.

If you do rewire certain rooms, consider doing a vertical pipe to the attic/basement/crawl space.  You'll want to plug the pipe when not moving wires, but that way you have some amount of future-proof access.  HDMI, USB3, Fiber-optics, plasma-pipe, fluid-molecular-bio-memory, Spider-transfer-protocol, who knows?

   Tadd