[TriLUG] Lenovo and LINUX

Steve Holton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 5 18:53:24 EDT 2020

> 1) you can order these workstations and P-series Thinkpads with Ubuntu LTS
> or RHEL *preinstalled*.  This opens Linux up to a much larger customer
> base.

Subtle point here: This means you don't have to dedicate a partition to the
Windows install in order to keep your warranty in tact.

The commitment to *support* a system without relying on "...*well, try it
under Windows*..." shows a sense of confidence and maturity I've been
waiting a long time for a major vendor to demonstrate.