[TriLUG] scp interrupted system call with copy from Ubuntu 18.04 sys to 20.04 sys

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 11 17:57:55 EDT 2020

After sending this it dawned on me that what I was really doing was
copying a directory from machine "rick" to the Samba share residing on
"morty" with an scp -r on "dl".

So I guess this is my first data point  in regards to Alan or somebody
asking me to report how the new network storage is working. :-) I'm in
an intermediate state, with morty (4GB Raspberry Pi 4 with a 2TB
rotating drive with USB 3 interface) just sharing its big disk to the
Linux and Windows clients in the house and being a caching DNS server.
But every night morty copies all of the network storage to an identical
2TB drive on rick while I get around to making the two drives a RAID 1.
Up until today this had all been going without a hitch. The spin up time
of the drive on morty is a bit faster than the drives on the old system
(an Odroid C4) and performance is noticeably better, but this might be
because I'd really abused an SSD on the previous system. And I finally
went back and found some ssh tips you guys shared and got my keys sorted
out so I can navigate between the various machines without aggravating
the arthritis in my thumbs typing passwords. :-)

Cheers,
Pete

PS System "rick" is going to my daughter's place for her to use with her
GIS grad studies after it gets a bit more prep with whatever name she
wants. Now that I'm not dealing with the TI Eclipse-based IDE any more I
only need a laptop, not something that will snap your neck doing a
double take at how fast it is. This seems somehow apropos since she's
the one who turned me on to the cartoons.