[TriLUG] Apache and Laravel issue ( 18th )

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 18 14:07:40 EDT 2020

My creaky old memory isn't helping me here, so I thought that I would
draw on The Oracle.

"I" have a Laravel system running on Apache2.

We don't KNOW that anything has changed in, say, the last year, but
don't count on it.  It is an AWS EB environment, but I don't think  that
that matters.

The issue is that Laravel is trying to define the path "Domain/images/"
for its own purposes.  Apache happily serves favicon from that path, on
its own, but any time that we try to use that path for Laravel, no go.
( Not allowed to access that path. Usual Apache message. )

I wondered about the Apache2 configuration, and, althought I can't
actually look at it, when I talked about "Directory" and "Location"
blocks, was told that they appeared correct for a "normal" Apache
installation.

In the past, I don't remember trying to double-use that path with
Laravel, but that could just be my memory again.

Is it actually possible, should we tell Apache that it doesn't know that
path, or is there something else either wrong or that we can adjust?

Thank you,
Brian