[TriLUG] Apache and Laravel issue ( 18th )

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 18 15:10:37 EDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 02:51:01PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> Random questions:
> - last mod date on relevant config files?
> - last time Apache was patched?
> - last time Laravel was updated?
> - last time system was patched+rebooted?
> - apachectl configtest works?

> William Sutton

Thank you for the probe, William.

Something that I forgot ( neglected ) to mention, is that this is not
restricted to the production machine.

I get exactly the same thing on my development ( out of the box Ubuntu )
VM, and also on an independent AWS EB used for testing.

Therefore, the answers to your questions are generally random, but I
know that on my machine, I rebuilt it ( from Homestead ) a couple of
weeks ago, and haven't touched the Apache configuration from stock.

I took a look, and in that configuration, there is no real mention of
"images," no Location block or Directory block or Alias mention.

My GUESS is that Apache is catching that URL before Laravel can do what
it wants, but how does that "normally" happen with this "magic" URL?

Brian