[TriLUG] SOLVED Re: booting off usbstick

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 24 18:57:29 EDT 2020

On 7/24/20 6:39 PM, Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 09:22:50 -0400
> David Brain via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>

>> A $20 SSD is most likely going to give massively better performance.
> Where would I get a $20 SSD?
PNY CS900 120GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$20.99
https://unix.la/5yc4s

Silicon Power 128GB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC Cache Performance Boost SATA III 2.5"
7mm (0.28") Internal Solid State Drive
$18.99
https://unix.la/5yc4t

Samsung and other USB 3 SSDs are dirt cheap. I used them to reive a small
laptop that did not have enuf space to update Window$. Booted Mate like a champ.
P.S. I tried your VOID Linux but gave up - too few features for my application.

/Roger

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com