[TriLUG] Noise cancelling headset

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 8 12:53:31 EDT 2020

Mauricio,

To what purpose? I use a very simple headset that plugs into my telephone for
hands free calls. It can be adapted to plugging into a PC port.

  * Panasonic KX-TCA430 Comfort-Fit, Foldable Headset
    <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CT2ZYR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
  * Seadream 2Pack 6 inch 3-Pole 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female Headset Audio
    Adapter Cable Extender Stereo Jack
    <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D2EU9PQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

I see Tao Tronics headsets on sale from time to time at Amazon for <$50. I use
them to listen to TV via a bluetooth device. In this case, cheap means there
is a few milliseconds of latency but that's manageable. The headset has a
built in mic, noise cancellation, and can connect via cable to a sound source.
Example
<https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Wireless-Headphones-Bluetooth-Cancelling/dp/B088CTC16Z/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=TaoTronics+Active+Noise+Cancelling+Headphones&qid=1596905523&s=electronics&sr=1-7>.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com