[TriLUG] Samba on a RPi

Ken Mink via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Sep 14 06:39:15 EDT 2020

I tried creating a RPi3 based TimeCapsule using an external drive. The
common USB bus for the drive and NIC creates more than just a
bottleneck. The kernel just collapses under load and panics. I have not
tried it with an RPi4, but assume the design change has removed this
issue. I ended up using a BananaPi that had a SATA port. It has worked
out well.

Ken