[TriLUG] WordPress hosting question

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 15 14:00:42 EDT 2020

"Ability to talk to the backing database directly as well"

If ability to talk to the backing database matters then "Hosted WordPress"
with a company like GoDaddy won't work for you.

I would recommend Oak City Tech before using a non TriLUG sponsor. They
provided an awesome meeting place for TriLUG at RTP Frontier for a good
while.

I had major problems with "Hosted WordPress" at Godaddy as I could not have
access to the backend database and so switched to Oak City Tech. They gave
me a real WordPress site, kept it backed up, kept it secure, and they are
savvy WordPress developers too if you need real help with your site.

Much better experience!