[TriLUG] Shared printer that prints to a PostScript file, how do I do that?

Charles Fischer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 23 16:06:13 EDT 2020

Hello All;

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.  I want to set up a shared printer that
will send the PostScript (Level 2 or 3 color) intended for a physical
printer to a file, without user intervention and with a unique file name
for each print job.  I don't really care about the file name.  I do care
about where the file goes.  I need it to go to a shared directory.

I have played with Linux in embedded systems in the past.  I have never set
up a printer.

Thanks,
Charles Fischer