[TriLUG] CIAB Talk from TriLug Meet Up 9/10

brian mullan via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Oct 1 17:33:14 EDT 2020

If interested, my *Github Repository *for the *CIAB Full Mesh VPN Internet
Overlay Architecture is here
<https://github.com/bmullan/CIAB.Full-Mesh.VPN.Wireguard.FRR.BGP.VXLAN.Internet.Overlay.Architecture>*
including the Installation guide.

Also, on Youtube are two Video's to help you understand and to
install/configure the CIAB Full-Mesh VPN Internet Overlay Architecture
using my Installation Guide see:

*Video #1  (you could skip this one unless interested)*

   - *Introduction to CIAB's Full-Mesh VPN Internet Overlay
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvjMMuIItF4&t=3s>* - approx 10 minutes
   long

*Video #2 -** Note: you view or download the Installation Guide PDF
<https://github.com/bmullan/CIAB.Full-Mesh.VPN.Wireguard.FRR.BGP.VXLAN.Internet.Overlay.Architecture/blob/master/CIAB%20Mesh%20VPN%20Internet%20Overlay%20Installation%20Guide%20%20-%20single-tenant.pdf>
if you want to follow it while watching Video #2*

   - *CIAB Full-Mesh VPN Internet Overlay Installation Guide - Step-by-Step
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJlIE2TUpc>* - approx 1 hr long

*Video #2 will implement a 3 Node Full-Mesh VPN Internet Overlay using 3
Servers*:

   - *1 - a Digital Ocean Cloud server located in the U.S.*
   - *1 - a Hetzner Cloud server located in Germany*
   - *1 - an LXD VM on one of my local servers **(note: traffic to/from
   this VM is limited by my local Wifi which is 200Mbps down and 20Mbps up.*

At the end of Video #2 you will see Ping tests showing connectivity to/from
ANY Node to/from ANY other Node's LXD Containers which are on *private*
10.x.x.x networks within each Node.

The 10.x.x.x network range is *not* routeable over the Internet thus
proving the success of the *CIAB Full-Mesh VPN Internet Overlay* in
providing that universal inter-connectivity.

I would expect this all to work for Docker Containers as well and KVM based
virtual machine managers.

All Cloud & Local Servers and the LXD VM(s) and LXD containers are running
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.