[TriLUG] Recommendation for Linux-supported one-touch scanner?

Ed Blackman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 11 23:50:43 EDT 2020

My Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 is becoming more and more reluctant to pull just one page when scanning, despite maintenance efforts.  I thought about just getting another one, as I've really liked it, but I've never managed to get the "one-touch scan" button to work in Linux (with scanbuttond or similar).

So I'm looking for recommendations for the following:
- supported in Linux
- upright scanner like the ScanSnap, as I'm space-constrained (picture here [1})
- document feeder holds ~20 pages
- can scan front and back at the same time
- has supported one-touch scan button
- ideally in the $200-$300 range, but could go up to $500
- nice-to-have: scanner is networked, not USB

I already have a printer/scanner/copier with the copier-style document feeder, but it lives on a different floor, and multipage scans to a SMB folder take too long for some reason I haven't had time to diagnose, so I'm not looking for that type of scanner.

I did some searching, but found lots of references to scanners that are no longer made, ones that are great but the reviewer didn't test one-button scan, or are otherwise unsuitable.

Anyone have a similar scanner that they really like, that has a working one-touch button?

1) https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71wkax5c2dL._AC_SL1490_.jpg

--
Ed Blackman