[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 25 15:53:06 EDT 2020

I'm about to start cable service with Spectrum. To my surprise they let you buy
your own modem. I looked up Tomsguide

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-modems,review-2832.html

but they don't tell you if the modem can be put into bridge mode. Checking the
specs of the first couple of modems, I don't see anything about bridge mode. I
don't know if they don't do it, or they all do it but don't mention it. (I
suspect the former). Searching for "cable modem, bridge mode" I come up with
webpages on how to put the wifi into bridge mode, which is not helpful.

Can anyone recommend a cable modem that will operate in bridge mode, or tell me
how to find one?

Thanks Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml