[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

John Mitchell via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 25 16:58:02 EDT 2020

Hi Joe,
  I just switched from Earthlink to Spectrum (same physical cable, new
billing) yesterday. I have the 'free' Spectrum supplied D31EMTA (EU2251)
modem which has two RJ-45 voice connectors on it (which I do not use).
   This modem DOES NOT have a 'web' interface, it is disabled so I doubt
one could do anything with it (other than use it as is).
I notice the Hytron manual for the EN2251 says "Web-based GUI control
configuration and management" but the Spectrum EU2251 has it disabled.
   I can ping 192.168.100.1 but a browser times out.

john mitchell