[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 08:25:56 EDT 2020

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, Israel Pattison wrote:

> I ran my modem in bridge mode on TWC/Spectrum for years (Motorola Surfboard)
> without any issues. I switched to AT&T Fiber a few months ago. In their modem
> config bridge mode is under the firewall settings and labeled as “NAT
> Passthrough”. I talked to the technician who set it up and we both agreed that
> it was the wrong name for the feature and didn’t belong in firewall settings.

I'm starting to get the idea that bridge mode is obsfucated, even if it's
present. Where I've found it, has only been by someone pointing it out, like
you've done, and it's always had a different name.

Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml