[TriLUG] looking for bridge mode cable modem for Spectrum

David Both via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 09:29:25 EDT 2020

Ok, well - I purchased it when I had both residential and business class
TWC hoping to just use the residential (with TV and Phone) and drop
business class which does not allow customer owned equipment. Before I
could do that I had problems with the residential that took them ages to
fix. We switched to DIsh and dropped the landline phone. I then decided
to stick with business class because they were so much more responsive
when I had problems. Eventually they merged and became Spectrum and the
service went way downhill with crappy speeds way lower than I was paying
for. After the merger Spectrum decided to drop the separate cables for
business class and just use the one neighborhood cable so bandwidth died
at peak usage times. I now have AT&T Gb fiber.

Anyway - I never got to use it.