[TriLUG] video processing and ML on Linux

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Nov 15 15:42:26 EST 2020

Take a look at my build, here <https://bronord.com/pics/pc.build/>. ~ $1k with
room for ram growth. Just don't do what I did and get an unsupported
motherboard. This was in July and purchases were from Microcenter. Too bad
there is not one in your area. Having one close by is a definite asset if you
need to make a return. If, by chance, you order from them, get a Microcenter
credit card to gain a nice discount.

I compared Ryzen and Intel and get more bang for the buck w/ AMD. NVMe drives
help a lot and are now affordable. I use it for video editing and the like.
Very fast.

Good luck.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User