[TriLUG] Is all hope lost (Ubuntu 18.04)

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Nov 29 10:26:54 EST 2020

On 11/29/20 6:05 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> I don't know why you got "unknown filesystem".

If the partition table doesn't match up with real partitions anymore, an
attempt to mount a filesystem won't find superblocks where they're
expected to be, so "unknown filesystem" makes sense in that context.

I've been playing with reading from uSD cards on an embedded platform
recently so I've got fresh experiences dealing with not reading the
correct spot on the disk and getting "unknown filesystem!"  X-D

-B