[TriLUG] Google fiber

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 3 14:16:41 EST 2020

Google Fiber has been a real disappointment for a lot of folks.

My brother-in-law has a business in a poorer area of Charlotte.  When he
moved in, there was no Spectrum available, but he noticed a Google Fiber
terminal in the telecom closet.

Google's online tool said it wasn't available at his office.  He had to
call them and push through multiple layers of folks to find out that Google
*used* to provide fiber there, but they pulled out of that area.

They literally have fiber in the ground/on poles and a terminal *in his
office* and they will no longer hook it up.

...so he's got DSL.