[TriLUG] OT: Home Security without the phone line?

Charles Fischer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Dec 7 13:01:56 EST 2020

I use SimpliSafe and SimpliSafe uses the cell phone system for
connections.  My system is older and uses the telephone network as backup.
I think the newer systems use cell and wifi.  This is a simple system to
install and monitoring is on the low cost side.

I have not looked to see if there is a hack to have it call my cell phone,
and not the montering service.

Good luck,
Charles Fischer