[TriLUG] [FS] Dell R210 II Server

Scott Thomas via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 31 13:37:49 EST 2020

I have a Dell R210 II server that I have listed on Craigslist, but I figured I'd see if anyone here was interested in it. I used it as a Windows 2012R2 server for a while, and then I swapped out the internal HBA for one with 16 external ports, and ran it as a FreeNAS controller, and briefly using UnRAID. I put the original HBA back in, and now I'm selling it. It's quiet enough under all but a heavy load that I had it on a table in my home office and it was not loud at all. I've seen some folks run these as pfSense firewalls, although this could be a firewall at a small to medium company based on the specs. Asking $120. Specs are below:

Intel® Xeon® E3-1260L 2.4GHz 8M Quad Core
16GB ECC RAM 1333MHz
4x 2.5" Internal Hard Drive Slots (no drives)2 internal USB 2.0 ports for FreeNAS/UnRAID
PERC H200/6Gbps SAS HBA
BIOS v2.10.0no rails