[TriLUG] IPv6 tunnel problems

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 15 10:55:22 EDT 2021

On 3/15/21 10:23 AM, Alan Porter via TriLUG wrote:

>> I'm still running iptables for firewalling, and have no outbound
>> rules, and the default is accept.
>
> Are you running ip6tables, too?  They are completely separate, ya know.
> It's easy to look in the wrong place when troubleshooting.

Sorry, yes.  I meant ip6tables.  Still, the fact that every last ipv6 TX
packet is a TX error has me scratching my head.  That wouldn't really
indicate a firewall problem, or would it?

Here's my ip6tables rules, anyway:
$ ip6tables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all      anywhere             anywhere             state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     ipv6-icmp    anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all      anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp      anywhere             anywhere             state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     udp      anywhere             fe80::/64            udp
dpt:dhcpv6-client state NEW
REJECT     all      anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all      anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)