[TriLUG] SSH question ( 14th )

Andy Random via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 14 12:15:15 EDT 2021

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021, Brian McCullough via TriLUG wrote:

> and, in both cases, I get told that that URL refuses to connect.  If I
> log in to B and do "telnet C 80" I get the "Connected to C, escape char
> is" message, but nothing after that, in both cases.
>
> Does it mean that the firewall rules allowing access from B to C are
> still not open, or that I have messed up the SSH Port Forward?  ( or
> both? )

I've always struggled to get the exact arcane invocation of ssh forwarding
right so can't offer any help there :(

However if you can ssh into B and are unable to access the website on C
from there then no level of magic runes will solve the problem.

Are curl/wget/lynx/links available on B? Can you try connecting to C
using one of those?

That might help work out if you are chasing your tail or just haven't got
the port forwarding right yet.

   Andy