[TriLUG] Ryzen loaner processor needed

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 10 20:34:38 EDT 2021

I'm in the process of building 2 new Ryzen 5000 PCs for my kids, and the
B550M motherboards don't support the 5000-series processors without a
BIOS/EFI update.

These brand new boards don't seem to support BIOS "flashback" either, so in
order to support the new processors, it looks like you have to use an older
processor to update the BIOS, then install the new chips.

Does anyone have an older socket AM4 processor lying around that they could
loan me for a few hours to update my BIOS?

Many thanks,

-Wes