[TriLUG] raspberry pi and RFID

Brian Bouterse via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 31 14:15:52 EDT 2021

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you could setup home assistant
on your Pi and then build this: https://github.com/adonno/tagreader

I built a few, and they work very reliably. Home assistant gives a lot of
options for event handling based on the events.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 2:13 PM Charles Fischer via TriLUG <
trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Hello All;
>
> I am working on a RFID card reading project and am looking for advice on
> which RFID reader to use with a Raspberry Pi.  I just need near
> proximity reading (an inch or two).  No need for a programmable card.  Low
> cost is good.  Should be in a protective case, but looks are not very
> important.  I am assuming USB for the connection.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Fischer
> --
> This message was sent to: bmbouter at gmail.com <bmbouter at gmail.com>