[TriLUG] Free Stuff: Old Mac Pro, 1U Server Enclosure, Etc.

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 1 16:35:06 EDT 2021

   Hello LUGers,

   My objective here is to keep this stuff out of landfills.  Please
   contact me off-list (yeah that's what they all say!) if you would like
   to pick up any or all of this stuff.
   Thanks!

   1. MacPro 3,1 (Early 2008)
   photos: [1]1 [2]2
      - quite possibly the most metal home PC product ever designed!

   Includes:
     * 2 x 2.8 Quad Core Xeon (8 cores, expandable to 16)
     * 16 GB ECC memory
     * 4 TB internal SATA HDD storage
     * ATI Radeon HD2600 graphics
     * 2 LAN ports, WiFi, Bluetooth
     * R/W DVD/CD drive
     * original Apple "style before function" keyboard and mouse - almost
       untouched
     * original carton
     * Has MacOSX 10.11.6 "El Capitan" installed, and an eclectic
       assortment of apps

   It boots!  It sometimes needs more than one boot!  But after that it
   runs very well.
   Also included, for those who think SSD was a good invention:
     * two aftermarket SSD adaptors designed for this rig. One is for a
       motherboard slot (i.e. bootable), OWC Accelsior S.  The other is an
       external Firewire 800 enclosure, OWC Mercury.
     * aftermarket USB3 adapter card (this requires a driver for el
       capitan)

   Please note that I am not interested in piecing this system out.  I'm
   hoping to re-home the whole rig at this point.

   2. 1U Server Rack Case & PSU
   photos: [3]1 [4]2
   - Includes floppy drive
   - Yes it's old.  I got it from someone on this list years ago.  Still
   works though

   3. 2 x WRT54 Linksys Routers
   [5]photo
   One GL with DD-WRT installed, the other GS with factory firmware
   power supplies included

   4. TP-Link Wireless-N Access Point
   [6]photo
    - works fine

   5. Vonage Internet appliance, in original box
   [7]photo
   because Vonage wouldn't take it back...

   Thanks for taking a look.  These items are in Cary near High House and
   Cary Parkway.  Email me here or at chilcote at trilug.org.