[TriLUG] expired ca-certificates in firefox

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 3 10:41:28 EDT 2021

On thurs firefox was no longer able to access a whole bunch of sites
(including trilug.org) due to expired ca-certificates on the website. On
looking around I find this was expected, as Let's Encrypt root certificate
had expired. It also seems the error message I was getting was erroneous,
and in fact the set of certificates on my machine had expired (they were
from 2016). I updated my certificates (all have Sep 24 2021 date) and
restarted firefox. However the websites still are inaccessable. The info I
get from firefox, to debug the issue is minimal (hitting the "i" just to
the left of the url).

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe

jmack (at) trilug (dot) org - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml