[TriLUG] Issue with Cisco AnyConnect and WebKit

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 7 09:33:10 EST 2021

Folks,

Once again, I come to "the Oracle" for help and guidance.

Since last May, I have been using Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client to
connect with a client's machines, successfully.

However, they recently changed their endpoint and asked me to change how
I connect.

Since then, nothing.

More specifically, the new endpoint presents a "Sign In" page, which
causes AnyConnect to call WebKit to present to me.

The page displays, I enter my ID and Password, click "Sign In" ( or
Enter ), and WebKit crashes.  ( As far as I can see from logs, it
segfaults. )

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS which is as up-to-date as APT offers me.

My client has asked Cisco for help ( because I am strange, running Linux
), and they first asked me to run some GTK+ version-checking commands,
and now that they all work correctly, asked me to make sure that my
machine is up-to-date.

I can still use the old endpoint, but the client ( people ) tell me that
that will be going away shortly, and that I must use the new one.

OK, after all of that, can anybody offer any suggestions?   Would a
dist-upgrade to 20.04 LTS have any effect on this type of issue?

Help?

Brian