[TriLUG] Issue with Cisco AnyConnect and WebKit

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 7 11:15:58 EST 2021

On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 11:06:27AM -0500, Jack Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2021, Brian McCullough via TriLUG wrote:

Good morning Jack,

<bunch deleted >

> >Since last May, I have been using Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client to
> >connect with a client's machines, successfully.
> >

> Brian,
>
> No great ideas from me, unfortunately. My experiences with and up-to-date
> WebKitGTK for general browsing have been a bit hit or miss. I'd say more,
> but I'm still tying to understand the issues.
>
> That said, I'm curious to hear a bit more about how you're connecting the
> vpn. Are you using the NetworkManager OpenConnect VPN plugin via nm-applet?
>
> I'm fortunate enough to not need an interactive browser when connecting to
> AnyConnect vpns, so I've been able to get by running `openconnect` on the
> command line.

No, I was given the AnyConnect Client which ( unless I am wrong ) is a
Java App which I run from the command line.

"vpnui" which opens a window and asks for the URL ( address, actually )
of the destination endpoint.

When I enter that and click on "Connect" it goes whereever the client (
people ) want me to touch their network.  At that point, the WebKit page
opens, prompts me for ID and Password and Enter or clicking "Sign In"
should cause the AnyConnect application to set up the VPN.

"SHOULD"

When WebKit crashes, this, of course, does not happen.

B-(