[TriLUG] Issue with Cisco AnyConnect and WebKit

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 7 15:30:18 EST 2021

On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 11:57:53AM -0500, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:

> I am connecting to an AnyConnect VPN via Network Manager.  one of the
> protocols available for VPN connections is Cisco AnyConnect or OpenConnect.
> I configure that,  use the address as gateway address and set token mode to
> TOTP - Manually entered.  When I connect,  it ask for username and my Token
> ID.   After connecting,   go to browser,  it should indicate network needs
> login.   That's it.

It appears that neither one of you are using the AnyConnect application.

It has been years since I used Network Manager.  I normally use the
"traditional" Debian interfaces configuration.

Howeverm, I could possibly be persuaded to consider a different
configuration, if it worked.

With the old endpoint, I was ( am ) able to authenticate inside the
application itself, but the new endpoint goes through some WebKit pages.

I have not made any configuration changes from default in the AnyConnect
application, just enter the endpoint address and click "Connect."

James, would you be able to guide me through changing my configuration
appropriately, to see if I can get through this roadblock?

You can see my address in the headers of this message.

Thanks,  ( I've forgotten how to configure "thanks in advance." )
Brian