[TriLUG] Mail Recommedation.

James Toebes via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Dec 29 07:44:49 EST 2021

I'm looking for recommendations on email solutions.

I currently am using no-ip.com for personal email with my own domain.
 I have had issues where several places have flagged my email as spam
due to the shared server.   I added spif records which reduced spam
labeling.   It is due for renewal in 2 months so I am reviewing
alternatives.

The basic features I am looking for are
1. Continued use of personnal domain.  It is at No-ip and will remain
there due to website h
2. Aliases.
3. Redirectors .
4. IMAP access.
5. Multiple accounts (at least 3)
6. Not datamined by company (No Google, O365...)
7. Web access is not important.

I have been looking at both hosted and self hosted options.  I have a
linux server currently running at the house so I could add services
there.   I don't mind paying for hosting (free option tend to be spammy
or datamined). What are recommendations?