[TriLUG] Mail configuration in RHEL ( 8th )

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 8 17:56:54 EDT 2022

Folks,

I am having a problem sending e-mail from PHP in a machine running RHEL
8.5.

I have two different code bases, one running PHPMailer, and one running
basic PHP mail().

The PHPMailer code successfully delivers e-mail sent from itself.

The mail() code does not.

Incidentally, just to throw a monkey-wrench into things, this machine is
a test machine with both sets of code installed.  The "real" machines
with only one of the blocks of code each, are both successful.

I am working on the premise that there is a configuration setting,
somewhere, that is causing the "mail()" code to fail.  I didn't build
these machines and am only respponsible for the PHP code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian