[TriLUG] JOB: Systems Engineer, NC State's OIT Advanced Computing

Lisa Lowe via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun May 1 13:03:29 EDT 2022

Dear TriLUGs,

Have you ever thought about getting into the growing field of
high-performance computing but don't have time or know where to start?
Come learn on the job!

I am with NC State's HPC group, OIT Advanced Computing, and we are seeking
a  *Systems Engineer*.  No HPC experience is required, just the desire to
learn and make contributions to HPC and Research Computing.

Systems Engineer - https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/161876 - $80k-100k -
flexible hybrid work but needs to be a local NC candidate that can come in
when needed.

Here are the Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with network file system protocols (eg NFS or SMB)
- Experience with Linux configuration management systems (eg Puppet)
- Experience with revision management systems (eg Git)
- Experience working with sensitive data in research environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process, proposal lifecycle, data
lifecycle, and data workflows

Thanks for looking and best regards,
Lisa

--