[TriLUG] flatpack-free laptop distro

Roger Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 27 16:10:16 EDT 2022

I have installed Xubuntu on several older laptops. It all depends on how old,
RAM, etc. I go with Xubuntu because if is faster - doesn't have an overhead of
"fancy" stuff in the graphical interface.

  I usually replace the HDD with an SDD. One can get a 120 GB SDD for $30,
e.g., from Kingston
<https://shop.kingston.com/products/a400-sata-ssd?variant=39392493863104>. I'd
stick with a known brand and avoid "knock offs" that are cheaper.

120 GB is far more than what is needed for Linux. A basic install is << 20 GB.
My desktop uses <20 GB and I have lottsa applications. Go larger if a lot of
data is expected, e.g., videos and such.

Roger B. - Linux User
     Email:RogerB at bronord.com
     Web Site:www.bronord.com