[TriLUG] have a job - Python, Django, Postgres, Flask

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 13 08:34:43 EDT 2022

See why it's so hard to find technical help these days?  Five replies
about specific terms I used, and none that are actually about the job or
the company.  What a bunch of nerds. [1]

Steve, if you know any old grey beards with two years of professional
experience who want to learn and grow on a junior salary and don't think
they're coming in as an architect, send 'em my way.

Middleware... yeah, that's ambiguous.  I interpret that to mean
back-end business logic and database queries and stuff, but not the
stuff below that like OS and drivers and performance tuning and
what-not.  NOT Javascript and NOT device drivers, but stuff in between.

BitSight really is a good place to work.  It's hard to articulate that.
A lot of companies are just the place to keep you busy and provide a
paycheck.  BitSight hires people [2] that are interested in problems and
that enjoy working on them, and that makes it a really fun environment.
And management is very conscientious about which problems we solve now
and which ones we defer and which ones we avoid, so our work is ALWAYS
applicable and immediately impactful.  That really ranks it a lot higher
than most other companies that I have worked at, and leaps and bounds
above companies I have heard others talking about.

Alan

[1] https://alanporter.com/gallery/picture.php?/1330
[2] We also have an unofficial "no jerks" policy.