[TriLUG] New disk woes

Dwain Sims via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Aug 10 12:11:17 EDT 2022

1.  I really doubt that the sizes matched up.  Not a spinner to an SSD.
There is going to be differences in the exact number of blocks.  (Not that
this is your issue.)

2.  I would bet that your UEFI settings for the particular boot partition
are messed up.  That would explain why neither drive will boot.   There is
no easy way to tell you how to fix this either.  You kinda have to get in
there and 'mess with it.'  (this is a technical procedure....)  You can let
the UEFI "find" the partitions that it sees and try them until you find the
stanza that will work.

Dwain