[TriLUG] Replacement cable modem ( 8th )

via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 8 18:56:09 EDT 2022

Think DD-WRT

https://blog.dorianbolivar.com/2018/09/going-full-ipv6-with-dd-wrt.html?m=1

-- Roger Broseus
Typos? Typoes happen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McCullough via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
Sent: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 6:31 PM
Subject: [TriLUG] Replacement cable modem ( 8th )

Some part of this may look like it is pointed at Kevin, but I expect a
lot of answers.

I live in Spectrum country and have a Hitron Technologies DOCSIS 3.1
modem provided by Spectrum.  Up until now, I haven't really looked at
it, using OpenVPN to provide my IPv6 service ( sort of ).

I decided to see what I had provided by Spectrum and see what I could do
with it.

Looking at the manual for the Hitron, I discovered that it doesn't even
know what IPv6 is ( !!! ).

I looked at what was available, and found the Arris S33 available at
Best Buy, and, looking at its specifications, it may do the job of
replacing the Hitron, but the manual is extremely limited.

I suspect that I should look elsewhere ( a different modem ).

Of course, the real question is whether Spectrum in this area actually
provides IPv6 service to the "home" network? ( Not mobile, not business.
)

Any suggestions, or thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian