[TriLUG] Windows|virtual desktops and use of resources

Michael Rulison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Nov 6 14:24:41 EST 2022

Assume: Win 10, machine ~4 years old,  Specs at end of msg.

If you please, does one of you know whether 6 files open in one virtual
desktop
uses more or less computer resources than the same 6 files divided into
two desktops of 3 files each?

Is it a major difference? I.e. should I care if machine is telling me
resources are scarce?

If there is a difference, is it RAM, CPU, Other?

--
Michael Rulison

Specs:

Processor	AMD FX-9800P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G    2.70 GHz

Installed RAM	16.0 GB (15.5 GB usable)

Device ID	520FE417-D606-4B57-8CCB-6670F63EB285
Product ID	00325-96063-17927-AAOEM
System type	64-bit operating system, x64-based processor