[TriLUG] remote power monitoring

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 16 07:07:22 EST 2023

I'm looking for a device, a bit like a kill-a-watt, that allows me to see
how much power I'm using remotely (somewhere in the house), so I can plot
it along with all my other graphs of things that are happening in the
house and in my computers.

It seems all the devices that do this, show the power on a cell phone app,
or send the data to a server on the cloud (good luck when the company goes
out of business), or to an Alexa. I want to be able to poll the device
every 5 mins and ask for the data (current/power...) without using
proprietary code.

Thanks Joe

Don't upgrade a working machine - it won't work any
better - it could work worse; it may not work at all.