[TriLUG] remote power monitoring

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 16 09:02:31 EST 2023

On Mon, 16 Jan 2023, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

>      I use UPS's that can be monitored on most of my stuff then apcupsd

that's actually what I want to do. I think when I first started using APC
UPSs all I could do with them was have them shut down the computers over a
serial line, which I didn't trust them to do and it seemed like more of a
hassle than it was worth. I hadn't bothered to see if anything has changed
in the last 20 years.

Thanks Joe

Don't upgrade a working machine - it won't work any
better - it could work worse; it may not work at all.