[TriLUG] release format for commercial project

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 18 14:35:42 EDT 2026


On 9/18/26 11:09, Wes Garrison via TriLUG wrote:
> Here's our IndieGoGo campaign if anyone is interested in following us:
> https://www.indiegogo.com/en/projects/fqb-accounting/first-quality-books

Hi Wes,

You sure have my attention.  I've been a QuickBooks Online user for 
several years, through numerous price hikes and new features that don't 
matter to me (while the bugs in the features that do matter don't get 
fixed).

Unfortunately, cross-platform on-the-go access is sort of a killer 
feature for me.  I'm the sole proprietor of a small event / concert 
production company, and the ability to use whatever computing device is 
handy at the moment helps me avoid forgetting to record cash payments 
and in-the-moment incidentals such as fuel, for two examples (and not 
that I don't still manage to forget...).

That said, I absolutely don't need it to be cloud-based.  I know how to 
run a VPN and a web-server and keep all my data on my own hardware.  All 
I need is either a mobile app or a web interface that can connect across 
a network to my data.

SO...my question is: Where in your road-map does the development of 
mobile apps (or a suitable web interface) fall?

Asking on-list in case anyone else shares my use case.

Cheers,
-Brian


More information about the TriLUG mailing list